Friday, July 22, 2011

error while upgrading from Apple Aperture 3.1.2 to 3.1.3





It's always good to have a patch or new release, even just a camera raw update. And things didn't go well after my 3.1.3 upgrade(1)(2)(3). I just cannot open an 130 gig 3.1.2 library! those were almost a year of works. So I google it! In this thread, users posted similar sympton and even some trial solution were provided.  I tried the one that "create a new lib and import the one you cannot open" which takes half an hour and nothing's there for me.
Then it came to Time Machine. I have a regular backup but I did not use it ever! Not even a single restore. And people responded that they just restored the old Aperture! Amazing! So I entered Time Machine...


Just move mouse over to the date you desire, click the app and check the version info.
It is worth mentioning that I did not replace the 3.1.3. I restored 3.1.2 to desktop and renamed it. So I can have them all in the application folder.
Voila~ There's nothing perfect. However, as smart as Apple, big heads have to offer a near perfect and comprehensive solution for those mistakes.

Hope Aperture team brings up another patch for this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment